Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will likely continue making Netflix shows, writing books and giving interviews – despite claims they will stop, a royal expert said today.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to be moving on from publishing memoirs and criticising other royals on TV, according to sources quoted by The Sun today.
But royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams has now told MailOnline that he does not believe claims that the couple have ‘nothing left to say’ and will halt their outbursts.
Mr Fitzwilliams said there is ‘obviously plenty left that they could say in print’ and there remains ‘enormous’ international interest in Harry and Meghan’s activities.
He added that the Sussexes ‘specialise in doing the unexpected’, ‘have a great deal more to say’ and will be considering how what they do will ‘help their brand’.
Harry promotes his book Spare on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on CBS in January
A six-part Netflix TV series called Harry & Meghan was released in December last year
Harry and Meghan during their bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey in March 2021
It comes after a report in The Sun today claimed that Harry and Meghan would stop writing memoirs and making fly-on-the-wall Netflix shows that criticise the Royal Family, and only feature behind the cameras in future productions.
Sources told the newspaper that the couple have now run out of material, with one insider saying: ‘That period of their life is over – as there is nothing left to say.’
The apparent turnaround comes more than three years after Sussexes stepped down as senior royals in January 2020 before moving to North America.
Since then they have carried out a series of blistering attacks on the Royal Family – most notably with their bombshell Oprah Winfrey interview in March 2021, a six-part Netflix series called Harry & Meghan in December last year and then Harry’s tell-all memoir Spare in January.
Harry now lives in Montecito, California, with Meghan and their two children Archie and Lilibet after the couple stepped down as working royals for a life of financial independence.
His relationships with his father King Charles III and brother Prince William are strained and he has regularly criticised them – while Kate Middleton and Queen Camilla have also been targets.
Today, Mr Fitzwilliams told MailOnline: ‘The Sussexes specialise in doing the unexpected. Anyone who believes they have ‘nothing left to say’ is deluded.’
The commentator referred to the Daily Mail’s revelation in July 2021 that Harry and Meghan had clinched a lucrative four-book deal with Penguin Random House worth up to £29million.
And Mr Fitzwilliams also referenced Harry’s interview with the Daily Telegraph at the time of Spare’s release in January, when the Duke said there were 400 pages cut from the publication. Harry also said then: ‘It could have been two books, put it that way. And the hard bit was taking things out.’
Mr Fitzwilliams said today: ‘His early life might make the third (book) and Meghan could write a memoir, as has been rumoured. There is obviously plenty left that they could say in print.
‘The question is, would it benefit them and how would it help their brand and the causes they support?’
Mr Fitzwilliams also referred to reports that Meghan will be restarting her blog The Tig, and how she won a Woman of Vision Award at a glitzy Ms Foundation gala event in New York on May 16.
He continued: ‘Thereafter they made world headlines when they were involved in a ‘near-catastrophic’ car chase with paparazzi in New York.
‘Whatever you think of the incident, some recollections may vary, it showed the international interest in what they do is still enormous.
Doria Ragland, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at Ziegfeld Ballroom in New York on May 16
Harry at the Coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla at Westminster Abbey on May 6
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle at St Paul’s Cathedral in London on June 3 last year
‘It is obvious, for good or ill as they remain estranged from the Royal Family, the Sussexes have a great deal more to say.
‘The way they choose to say it in future may be as sensational as the ways they have chosen to do so in the past.’
Harry was in London last month to see his father King Charles being crowned at what was his first public appearance alongside the Royal Family since he criticised his relatives in Spare.
Within hours of the historic ceremony at Westminster Abbey, Harry was on a plane back to California to be reunited with wife Meghan, daughter Lilibet and son Archie, who turned four on the day of the Coronation, May 6.
The Sussexes made headlines a short while later when a spokesperson alleged the couple and Meghan’s mother ‘were involved in a near-catastrophic car chase at the hands of a ring of highly aggressive paparazzi’, after the trio attended the Ms Foundation ceremony in New York where the Duchess was honoured.
Also this week, it was revealed that the US government will appear in court next Tuesday to answer questions regarding Harry’s visa application after he admitted using illegal drugs.
The Heritage Foundation, a Washington DC-based conservative think-tank, is suing Joe Biden ‘s administration to force officials to release the Duke’s immigration files.
MailOnline has contacted Archewell for comment on The Sun’s report today.
Post source: Daily mail