Bride, 23 with stage 4 cancer gifted free Christmas themed wedding

Date:


Advertisement

A 23-year-old bride battling cancer for the first time has hailed her very own 'Christmas miracle' after being gifted her dream wedding. Katelen Cheshire's wedding to 29-year-old Billy Green was paid for by suppliers, after organizers were touched by her story.

A 23-year-old bride battling cancer for the first time has hailed her very own ‘Christmas miracle’ after being gifted her dream wedding. Katelen Cheshire’s wedding to 29-year-old Billy Green was paid for by suppliers, after organizers were touched by her story.

The couple, from Telford, tied the knot in a festive farmhouse ceremony in Shrewsbury, in a venue owned by Cindy Edwards.

The couple, from Telford, tied the knot in a festive farmhouse ceremony in Shrewsbury, in a venue owned by Cindy Edwards. 

Following their celebration, which included a snow machine and a string quartet, plus alpacas dressed up as the bride and groom, the bride said the beauty of the ceremony left her in tears.

Following their celebration, which included a snow machine and a string quartet, plus alpacas dressed up as the bride and groom, the bride said the beauty of the ceremony left her in tears.

As she undergoes stem-cell therapy to treat stage 4 non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, she said there 'aren't enough thank-yous to give' to the people who made her dream a reality. Katelen said: 'The day before we were shown round the venue all set up. They turned on the Christmas music and led us into the barn, we all burst out crying because of how amazing it was. It was so beautiful and so much fun.'

As she undergoes stem-cell therapy to treat stage 4 non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, she said there ‘aren’t enough thank-yous to give’ to the people who made her dream a reality. Katelen said: ‘The day before we were shown round the venue all set up. They turned on the Christmas music and led us into the barn, we all burst out crying because of how amazing it was. It was so beautiful and so much fun.’

The celebration included a snow machine and a string quartet while alpacas were dressed up as the bride and groom and stables were decorated like a 'real winter wonderland.'

The celebration included a snow machine and a string quartet while alpacas were dressed up as the bride and groom and stables were decorated like a ‘real winter wonderland.’ 

Venue organiser Cindy, 45, said: 'Katelen came to me to book a wedding for November in August. It was a quick turnaround because she is poorly, so I decided to offer wedding for free and plan it for her.'

Venue organiser Cindy, 45, said: ‘Katelen came to me to book a wedding for November in August. It was a quick turnaround because she is poorly, so I decided to offer wedding for free and plan it for her.’

Cindy managed to get 34 local companies involved to create the whole thing without costing the couple a penny. Cindy said: 'It was very heart-warming to do, it was such a lovely day, and they could not have been more thankful for it, it was a great thing to be part of.'

Cindy managed to get 34 local companies involved to create the whole thing without costing the couple a penny. Cindy said: ‘It was very heart-warming to do, it was such a lovely day, and they could not have been more thankful for it, it was a great thing to be part of.’

After being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, Katelen had treatment and went into remission twice, but found out earlier this year that it has returned.

After being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, Katelen had treatment and went into remission twice, but found out earlier this year that it has returned. 

Katelen said: 'I was feeling a bit ill on the day and had a bad back but, because if excitement, I just pushed through. I slept it all off the next day. Billy was gobsmacked, he was so nervous, and thought it might be stressful. But by the end he said he hadn't enjoyed himself as much ever, it was so much fun.'

Katelen said: ‘I was feeling a bit ill on the day and had a bad back but, because if excitement, I just pushed through. I slept it all off the next day. Billy was gobsmacked, he was so nervous, and thought it might be stressful. But by the end he said he hadn’t enjoyed himself as much ever, it was so much fun.’

All the suppliers who took part were hid in a separate barn to surprise the couple later in the evening. Katelen said: 'Cindy surprised us by getting all of them in the barn, then they all came to the wedding and joined in the celebrations. It was so nice to have them all there and thank them for all their hard work. We all had mulled wine and mince pies and it was lovely for the suppliers to see what we had created.'

All the suppliers who took part were hid in a separate barn to surprise the couple later in the evening. Katelen said: ‘Cindy surprised us by getting all of them in the barn, then they all came to the wedding and joined in the celebrations. It was so nice to have them all there and thank them for all their hard work. We all had mulled wine and mince pies and it was lovely for the suppliers to see what we had created.’

Want more stories like this from the Daily Mail? Visit our profile page here and hit the follow button above for more of the news you need.

Want more stories like this from the Daily Mail? Visit our profile page here and hit the follow button above for more of the news you need.



This post first appeared on Daily mail

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

TV’s Most Epic Series Since ‘Game of Thrones’

Forty-four years after it was originally adapted into...

Masters of Air Episode 6 Recap: Everything We Know So Far

Masters of Air Episode 6 Recap: Masters of Air...

Jokic just passed Lebron in career triple-doubles – in 1,034 fewer games

Denver Nuggets superstar Nikola Jokic continues to fill...

Hallmark Star Chris Gauthier Dead At 48

Andrew Chin/Getty Images Beloved Hallmark star Chris Gauthier has died...