LAKEWOOD, Colo. — A RV is considered a total loss after it was engulfed in flames Monday evening.

West Metro Fire Rescue crews were called out to a structure fire at a mobile home park at 14th Avenue and Allison Street in Lakewood.

A space heater inside the RV sparked the fire, according to WMFR.

Two people were inside at the time and managed to escape. One did suffer minor injuries and was treated at the scene, WMFR said.

The family dog, a chihuahua, sadly was not able to escape.

Firefighters were able to keep the fire contained to the RV.

D7 follow up bar 2460x400.jpg

The Follow Up

What do you want Denver7 to follow up on? Is there a story, topic or issue you want us to revisit? Let us know with the contact form below.

xfbml : true, version : 'v2.9' }); }; (function(d, s, id){ var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;} js = d.createElement(s); = id; js.src = ""; js.async = true; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));

You May Also Like

Four astronauts fly SpaceX back home, end 5-month mission

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. – Four space station astronauts returned to Earth late…

Rick Scott demands answers on NIH funding that went to Wuhan Institute of Virology

Florida Senator Rick Scott on Friday demanded answers from the Biden administration…

Muse Asia Brings the Epic Adventure of Shironeko Project: Zero Chronicle to India

Muse Asia, the popular anime streaming platform, has brought the captivating story…

Hogwarts Legacy discloses secret door next to headmaster’s office

Desiring wizards and witches are always loved as the highly-expected video game,…