Sydney pool chemical exposure leaves three children hospitalised
- The kids were at an indoor swimming centre in Prestons
Three children are being treated in hospital suffering suspected chemical exposure after visiting an indoor public swimming pool in Sydney.
Paramedics were called to swimming centre on Hoxton Park Rd at Prestons in the city’s west at about 4pm Friday. Multiple police, fire crews and Hazmat teams also attended.
It is understood seven children and three adults were treated by paramedics at the pool but only three of the children were then transported to hospital.
Fire and Rescue NSW superintendent Adam Dewberry told 2GB’s Chris O’Keefe two chemicals were accidentally mixed together that weren’t supposed to be.
More to follow.
Hazmat teams and paramedics can be seen outside the swimming centre on Friday (pictured)
Seven children and three adults were treated on site and three children were then transported to hospital
Multiple fire crews and Hazmat teams attended the scene (pictured)